Gave house to son - now wants daughters's name on title

My question is: US-specific

QUESTION: a few years ago I sold my home {which was an inheritance} to my 18 yr old son for $1.00 . I also have a daughter, and now would like to put the house in both names. Is this possible, even if my son does not agree?

david ingram replies:

If your son does not agree, I am afraid you are out of luck.

He owns the house.

You can maybe use a future inheritance to get him to change his mind.
You will have to look at something like segregated funds to ensure that your daughter now gets her fair share in the future.

Does anyone else have any ideas?


Trackback URL for this entry:

No trackback comments for this entry.