Income tax when separated couiple gets back together

My_question_is: Canadian-specific
Subject: income tax
Expert: [email protected]
Date: Tuesday March 06, 2007
Time: 01:47 PM -0500


we were separated physically but not in paper and my wife had welfare and. we had to inform the government that we are getting together and asked ujs to refund the amout of welfare she took( around 4000$).
now that we are declared married what type of income tax should we do. a single one or separate. my wife doesnt work


david ingram replies:

We only have separate returns in Canada but you both have to file if you have children so that your wife receives her child tax benefits.