TN Visa taxes

Hi! I worked in Canada till May 2006 and from June to Sept 2006, I worked in US on TN visa. I returned back in October and worked in Canada. How do I file taxes in both the countries?
Thanks in advance.


david ingram replies:

You will file a US 1040 and whatever state return for the state you worked in (California would be a 540NR, Michigan would be a MI1040NR as examples)

You will report the US earnings on line 104 of your Canadian return and claim credit for the taxes paid to the US on line 431 of Schedule 1 of your Canadian return. If there is any foreign tax left over, you can claim it on the equivalent line on your provincial 428 form.