Immigration to Canada through service - use CSIC or Lawyer

QUESTION: dear sir,
i am a citizen of Nigeria.looking for a green pasture in canada i want to migrate to canada.
i saw this canandian migration expert website and i log on and i fill their form and at the end
of the day they told me to pay $299 is my question when i pay this money does that make
me to get my visa instantly because i am a little bit skeptical.please i will like you to help me
and please send response to my mail address.
david ingram replies:
I do not know who you are dealing with and cannot even comment on the price which sounds very low for the service to deal with a Nigerian Citizen's desire to come to Canada.

Remember, you can do the work yourself. on teh Canadian Immigration website.

Without a job offer, you have to qualify with 67 points on the self-assessing test.

Take this test and see if you qualify.  If you qualify, it is worth pursuing.  If you do not, don't pay anyone anything because they can not likely do anything for you.

The only way you will come then is with a legitimatre job offer.
This is the self-assessment test for an individual to determine his or her
eligibility to immigrate to Canada without being sponsored by a spouse or an employer.

There used to be a lot of people out there taking money for doing little and producing nothing.  Canada, has now established the Canadian Society of Immigration Consultants. 

If you do retain anyone to deal with your paperwork (other than secretarial typing, etc.) your person should be a member of CSIC or a Canadian lawyer who deals with Immigration.