ENTRANCE RESTRICTIONS with a criminal record - Expert Income Tax help on cross Border tax and immigration and divorce and RRSP

XXXX wrote:

Below is the result of your feedback form.  It was submitted by
XXXX on Sunday, April 11, 2010 at 22:42:20

My_question_is: Applicable-to-other-jurisdiction




david ingram replies;

Every country has a different set of rules.

If it is a serious record, no country will allow a person with a felony in without going through a process of rehabilitation or obtaining a waiver or some other document.

Canada, for instance will not allow in a person with a single DUI without their obtaining a travel document and paying $200 to $400.

The US WILL allow someone with a single DUI or a single shoplifting charge but will not allow in someone who admits to smoking marijuana or admits to using LSD or crystal meth or cocaine or heroin, etc., even if they were not charged and or convicted,.

So the answer is basically yes.  There is a list and it includes every country but the US. The United states is the only country that will allow a US citizen to enter with a criminal record.

And the biggest problem is that computer records are  being updated around the world and information shared that was unavailable before.  Because of this, people with a record who have been going to Costa Rica or Panama or Fiji for years are suddenly being turned away even though they have been there a dozen times in the past.

There is even a law passed that would keep Canadians with criminal records off of Canadian or Japanese or Korean or Mexican Airplanes which are flying over the US without landing.  It is not being enforced yet, but watch out, it will not be long.  That would keep Canadians off of planes flying from Winnipeg or Calgary or Vancouver to Toronto where the plane dips into the US and it would stop anyone from flying to Hong Kong or Japan when the plane is scheduled to fly over Alaska or someone from flying from Toronto or any other Canadian city to Mexico City or Guadalajara


If your question was not answered fully or you wish to go further, I am available for individual consultations by phone or email or in person for $450 per professional hour. 

Please also note that we prepare Canadian, US, Australian, UK and New Zealand returns on a mail in, email, fax, snail mail or couriered basis. At any time, our clients are in 40 countries or more.  They have every occupation from nuclear Submarine captains to FedEx pilots to Major Bank officers to Politicians, Diplomats and border patrol officers.  My favourite, however, is a penguin catcher in Antarctica among others there..

If you 'really' only have a single question requiring a 'couple' of minutes, you can try phoning me for free as part of the following.

- For a quick free question

You might try calling Fred Snyder's radio program for an answer. 

Fred Snyder's  "IT'S YOUR MONEY" radio show. on CISL,  650 AM on the dial in Vancouver from 9 to 11:00 AM every Sunday  (604) 280-0650 or (877) 280-0650 - You can listen live from anywhere in the world at www.am650radio.com from anywhere in the world. click on the button in the top left hand corner.
You might try calling Fred Snyder's weekly radio programs for an answer. 


Trackback URL for this entry: http://www.centa.com/trackback.php/20100414164318622

No trackback comments for this entry.