Can I get a TN for OMAHA while an application for a K-1 fiancée visa is in effect. Ask a real estate mutual funds immigrat

Hi David,
You may remember me, we talked about 3 weeks ago about me relocating
to Omaha on a finance VISA.  I'm still waiting for my K1 visa, but in
the meantime, I have some promising job leads in Omaha.  You mentioned
when we talked that a TN Visa could be very quick to get.
Could you let me know what I need to get a TN Visa in case the K1
processing drags on?  I believe I would need a letter from my
perspective employer in Omaha.
Thanks very much!
The three things necessary to get a TN visa are:
1.	A job offer for a job which matches your professional qualifications.
i.e., if you are a professional engineer, I can have you working on the
Golden Gate Bridge within 24 hours.  But if you are a professional engineer,
it does not help you if you want to teach fire walking or pilates or work in
a pizza parlour.  The job has to have a limitation of a year or less
although it can be renewed.
2.	The original diploma or a new certified copy from the Educational
institution.  Photo copies are not acceptable and it is not unusual to se
someone at the border with his or her framed diploma to show the Homeland
Security officer.
3.	Proof of your Canadian Citizenship.  A passport will suffice.
Remember that you are not supposed to be going on a permanent basis.  If the
border person discovers that you have a K-1 Application in place, he or she
may turn you down.  If the subject comes up, it is up to you to accept the
fact that you are dead in the water unless you can convince the Homeland
officer that you are only going temporarily "this time for this job" and
that the K-1 is a completely different situation. It has been known to
happen that you will be given the TN.
 Answers to this and other similar  questions can be obtained free on Air
every Sunday morning.
Every Sunday at 9:00 AM on 600AM in Vancouver, Fred Snyder of Dundee Wealth
Management and I, David Ingram  will be hosting an INFOMERCIAL but LIVE talk
show called "ITS YOUR MONEY"
Those outside of the Lower Mainland will be able to listen on the internet
at <>
Local calls are taken at (604) 280-0600 and Long Distance calls are taken at
1( 866) 778-0600
I do not know how far the LD line reaches.
This from "ask an income tax and immigration expert" from
<>  or <>  or <> . David Ingram deals on a
daily basis with expatriate tax returns with:
multi jurisdictional cross and trans border expatriate problems  for the
United States, Canada, Mexico, Great Britain, the United Kingdom, Kuwait,
Dubai, Saudi Arabia, Thailand, Indonesia, Japan, China, New Zealand, France,
Germany, Spain, Italy, Russia, Georgia, Brazil, Peru, Ecuador, Bolivia,
Scotland, Ireland, Hawaii, Florida, Montana, Morocco, Israel, Iraq, Iran,
India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Mali, Bangkok, Greenland, Iceland, Cuba,
Bahamas, Bermuda, Barbados, St Vincent, Grenada,, Virgin Islands, US, UK,
GB, and any of the 43 states with state tax returns, etc. Rockwall, Dallas,
San Antonio and Houston Texas
Denmark, Finland, Sweden Norway Bulgaria Croatia Income Tax and Immigration
Tips, Income Tax and ImmigrationWizard Income Tax and Immigration Guru
Income Tax and Immigration Consultant Income Tax  and Immigration Specialist
Section 216(4) 216(1) NR6 NR-6 NR 6 Non-Resident Real Estate tax specialist
expert preparer consultant expatriate anti money laundering money seasoning
FINTRAC E677 E667 4789 4790 TDF-90 Reporting $10,000 cross border
Alaska,  Alabama,  Arkansas,  Arizona,
California,  Colorado, Connecticut,
Delaware, District of Columbia,  Florida,
Garland, Georgia,  Hawaii,  Idaho,  Illinois,
Indiana,  Iowa,  Kansas,  Kentucky,
Louisiana,  Maine,  Maryland,
Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota,
Mississippi,  Missouri,  Montana,  Nebraska,
Nevada, New Hampshire,  New Jersey,
New Mexico, New York, North Carolina,
North Dakota,  Ohio,  Oklahoma,  Oregon.
Pennsylvania,  Rhode Island,  Rockwall,
South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee,
Texas,  Utah, Vermont,  Virginia,
West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming,
British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan,
Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec City,
New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island,
Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, Yukon and
Northwest and Nunavit Territories,
Mount Vernon, Eumenclaw, Coos Bay
and Dallas Houston Rockwall Garland
Texas  Taxman and Tax Guru  and wizzard
wizard - consultant - expert - advisor -advisors consultants - gurus - Paris
Prague Moscow Berlin
Lima Rio de Janeiro, Santaigo
David Ingram's US/Canada Services
US / Canada / Mexico tax, Immigration and working Visa Specialists
US / Canada Real Estate Specialists
4466 Prospect Road
North Vancouver,  BC, CANADA, V7N 3L7
Res (604) 980-3578 Cell (604) 657-8451
(604) 980-0321 Fax (604) 980-0325
Email to taxman at <mailto:taxman at> <>
Disclaimer:  This question has been answered without detailed information or
consultation and is to be regarded only as general comment.   Nothing in
this message is or should be construed as advice in any particular
circumstances. No contract exists between the reader and the author and any
and all non-contractual duties are expressly denied. All readers should
obtain formal advice from a competent and appropriately qualified legal
practitioner or tax specialist in connection with personal or business
affairs such as at <> . If you forward
this message, this disclaimer must be included."
Be ALERT,  the world needs more "lerts"
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (
Version: 6.0.797 / Virus Database: 541 - Release Date: 11/15/04
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (
Version: 6.0.797 / Virus Database: 541 - Release Date: 11/15/04


Trackback URL for this entry:

No trackback comments for this entry.