US-based LLC performing services in Canada ask
Subject:        US-based LLC performing services in Canada
Expert:         taxman at
Date:           Tuesday April 26, 2005
Time:           04:51 AM -0700
Hi. I am a Canadian citizen with Permanent-resident status in the US,
married to a natural US citizen. I will qualify for US citizenship
Sept/2005. I have a Limited Liability Corporation registered in the state of
Ohio. I would like to know what my tax liability would be if I were to
engage in a long-term assignment in Canada (approx 14 months) while still a
Canadian citizen/US Permanent Resident working through a US-based
corporation. To which country am I primarily responsible for taxes? Would
this situation jeopardize my US Permanent Resident status if my intent is to
maintain my current US residency?
david ingram replies
Your primary tax liability would be to Canada and because you would be here
for 14 months, your US Corporation would also be taxable to Canada first
because the mind and control would be in Canada.
I am too busy to answer anything from now to about May 4th and with 20 to 30
a day coming, it is impossible to save and get back to them.
Answers to this and other similar  questions can be obtained free on Air
every Sunday morning.
Every Sunday at 9:00 AM on 600AM in Vancouver, I, david ingram am a
permanent guest on Fred Snyder of Dundee Wealth Managers' LIVE talk show
Those outside of the Lower Mainland will be able to listen on the internet
at <>
Call (604) 280-0600 to have your question answered.  BC listeners can also
call 1-866-778-0600.
Callers to the show and questioners on this board can also attend the
Thursday Night seminars on finance and making your Canadian Mortgage
Interest deductible.
David Ingram's US/Canada Services
US / Canada / Mexico tax, Immigration and working Visa Specialists
US / Canada Real Estate Specialists
4466 Prospect Road
North Vancouver,  BC, CANADA, V7N 3L7
Res (604) 980-3578 Cell (604) 657-8451
(604) 980-0321
New email to davidingram at <mailto:davidingram at> <>
Disclaimer:  This question has been answered without detailed information or
consultation and is to be regarded only as general comment.   Nothing in
this message is or should be construed as advice in any particular
circumstances. No contract exists between the reader and the author and any
and all non-contractual duties are expressly denied. All readers should
obtain formal advice from a competent and appropriately qualified legal
practitioner or tax specialist in connection with personal or business
affairs such as at <> . If you forward
this message, this disclaimer must be included."
Be ALERT,  the world needs more "lerts"


Trackback URL for this entry:

No trackback comments for this entry.