recommended tax advisor and books -

Sent: Friday, June 02, 2006 8:33 AM
To: taxman at
Subject: recommended tax advisor and books
Dear David Ingram,
This is the second time in the last few months you have saved me
potential tens of thousands in fines.  The first is when you mentioned
Americans living abroad need to file a TDF 90 every year.  The second is
this mention of the 5471 just 15 days prior to the June 15th tax
deadline for Americans living abroad.  I have always filed my own US
taxes.  However, given that every few months I seem to be finding out
about a new tax law I did not know about that could potentially cost me
tens of thousands, I definitely do not feel qualified to file my own US
taxes anymore.  What I need is an accountant like yourself who knows
cross boarder issues.  However, I would really like to find someone who
I can talk to face to face, and can communicate directly with my
business accountant in Canada, so I do not need to be an unnecessary
middleman on issues I do not understand.  Do you have a colleague in the
Hamilton, Ontario area you recommend?  If not, are there some good books
you could recommend that would at least allow me to avoid the most
costly mistakes.
david ingram replies:
I honestly do not know of anyone in the Hamilton Area.
If I can't convince you to ship it off and talk by phone,
You can try Mark Serbinski at:
Serbinski  Partners PC
183 Sheppard Avenue West,
Toronto, Ontario
 Canada M2N 1M9
(416) 733-0300
(416) 352-6004 Fax
North American Toll Free: 1-888-878-2937
I have never (that I know of) had any dealings with Mark but do know several
people who speak highly of him.
David Ingram gives expert income tax & immigration help to non-resident
Americans & Canadians from New York to California to Saudi Arabia to Mexico
to China or Chile - Cross border, dual citizen - out of country investments
are all handled with competence & authority.
> ------------------------------------------
> Sent: Saturday, May 27, 2006 3:41 PM
> To: taxman at
> Subject: live in Canada and work in U.S
> Hi David,
> I was looking for some info about live in Canada and work in U.S and I
> this web site accidentally.
> I am a single person and I live in buffalo, NY. I do have my U.S
> and I would like to build a house in Canada at fort Erie and live
> permanently
> but keep my job in U.S.
> I spoke with the guy who does my taxes in here and he told me he would
> care of anything in NY but he does not have any info about Canada.
> Now my question is that, Do I have to pay income tax in Canada or not even
> if
> I have zero income in Canada?
> What kinds of tax I would pay on the house that I would have? Is it same
> like
> U.S? Do I have to pay school tax or not?
> Any answer and help highly appreciated,
> Thanks,
> -------------------------------------------------
> david ingram replies:
> First, you have to immigrate or have a valid status to "LIVE" in Canada.
> If you also have a full blown house in the US, you can have a seasonal
> in Canada that you stay in a lot but not all of the time, particularly if
> you try and commute on a daily basis.
> If you sleep in Canada more than 183 days under any circumstance, you owe
> tax to Canada on your world income.
> If you fill out the following self-assessment test, it will give you an
> about whether or not you qualify as a Permanent Resident of Canada.
> This is the self-assessment test for an individual to determine his or her
> eligibility to immigrate to Canada without being sponsored by a spouse.
> In Canada you will pay the same taxes for property that any Canadian
> ould  - School tax, special levies, etc./
> ===========================
> David Ingram's US / Canada Services
> US / Canada / Mexico tax, Immigration and working Visa Specialists
> US / Canada Real Estate Specialists
> My Home office is at:
> 4466 Prospect Road
> North Vancouver,  BC, CANADA, V7N 3L7
> Cell (604) 657-8451 -
> (604) 980-0321 Fax (604) 980-0325
> Calls welcomed from 10 AM to 10 PM 7 days a week  Vancouver (LA) time -
> (please do not fax or phone outside of those hours as this is a home
> email to taxman at <mailto:taxman at>
> <>
> <>
> Disclaimer:  This question has been answered without detailed information
> consultation and is to be regarded only as general comment.   Nothing in
> this message is or should be construed as advice in any particular
> circumstances. No contract exists between the reader and the author and
> and all non-contractual duties are expressly denied. All readers should
> obtain formal advice from a competent and appropriately qualified legal
> practitioner or tax specialist for expert help, assistance, preparation,
> consultation  in connection with personal or business affairs such as at
> <> . If you forward this message, this
> disclaimer must be included."
> Be ALERT,  the world needs more "lerts"
> David Ingram gives expert income tax & immigration help to non-resident
> Americans & Canadians from New York to California to Saudi Arabia to
> to China or Chile - Cross border, dual citizen - out of country
> are all handled with competence & authority.
> Alaska,  Alabama,  Arkansas,  Arizona,
> California,  Colorado, Connecticut,
> Delaware, District of Columbia,  Florida,
> Garland, Georgia,  Hawaii,  Idaho,  Illinois,
> Indiana,  Iowa,  Kansas,  Kentucky,
> Louisiana,  Maine,  Maryland,
> Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota,
> Mississippi,  Missouri,  Montana,  Nebraska,
> Nevada, New Hampshire,  New Jersey,
> New Mexico, New York, North Carolina,
> North Dakota,  Ohio,  Oklahoma,  Oregon.
> Pennsylvania,  Rhode Island,  Rockwall,
> South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee,
> Texas,  Utah, Vermont,  Virginia,
> West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming,
> British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan,
> Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec City,
> New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island,
> Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, Yukon and
> Northwest and Nunavit Territories,
> Mount Vernon, Eumenclaw, Coos Bay
> and Dallas Houston Rockwall Garland
> Texas  Taxman and Tax Guru  and wizzard
> wizard - consultant - expert - advisor -advisors consultants - gurus -
> Prague Moscow Berlin
> Lima Rio de Janeiro, Santaigo Zimbabwe
>  David Ingram expert income tax help and preparation of US Canada Mexico
> non-resident and cross border returns with rental dividend wages
> self-employed and royalty foreign tax credits
> New York, Boston, Sacramento, Minneapolis, Salem, Wheeling, Philadelphia,
> Pittsburgh, Atlanta, Pensacola, Miami, St Petersburg, Naples, Fort Myers,
> Cape Coral, Orlando, Atlanta, Arlington, Washington, Hudson, Green Bay,
> Minot, Portland, Seattle, St John, St John's, Fredericton, Quebec,
> Truro, Atlanta, Charleston, San Francisco, Los Angeles, San Diego,
> Sacramento, Taos, Grand Canyon, Reno, Las Vegas, Phoenix, Sun City, Tulsa,
> Monteray, Carmel, Morgantown, Bemidji, Sandpointe, Pocatello, Bellingham,
> Custer, Grand Forks, Lead, Rapid City, Mitchell, Kansas City, Lawrence,
> Houston, Albany, Framingham, Cambridge, London, Paris, Prince George,
> Rupert, Whitehorse, Anchorage, Fairbanks, Frankfurt, The Hague, Lisbon,
> Madrid, Atlanta, Myrtle Beach, Key West, Cape Coral, Fort Meyers,
> Hamburg
> Warsaw, Auckland, Wellington, Honolulu, Maui, Kuwait, Molokai, Beijing,
> Shanghai, Tokyo, Manilla, Kent, Winnipeg, Saskatoon, Regina, Red Deer,
> Medicine Hat, Lethbridge, Moose Jaw, Brandon, Portage La Prairie,
> Craik, Edmonton, Calgary, Victoria, Vancouver, Burnaby, Surrey, Edinburgh,
> Dublin, Belfast, Glasgow, Copenhagen, Oslo, Munich, Sydney, Nanaimo,
> Brisbane, Melbourne, Darwin, Perth, Athens, Rome, Berne, Zurich, Kyoto,
> Nanking, Rio De Janeiro, Brasilia, Colombo, Buenos Aries, Squamish,
> Churchill, Lima, Santiago, Abbotsford, Cologne, Yorkshire, Hope,
> Kelowna, Vernon, Fort MacLeod, Deer Lodge, Springfield, St Louis,
> Bradford, Stratford on Avon, Niagara Falls, Atlin, Fort Nelson, Fort St
> James, Red Deer, Drumheller, Fortune, Red Bank, Marystown, Cape Spears,
> Truro, Charlottetown, Summerside, Niagara Falls, Albany Zimbabwe
> international non-resident cross border income tax help assistance expert
> preparation & immigration consultant david ingram, experts on rentals
> funds RRSP RESP IRA 401(K) & divorce preparer preparers consultants
> This from "ask an income tax and immigration expert" from
> <>  or <>  or
> <> . David Ingram deals on a
> daily basis with expatriate tax returns with:
> multi jurisdictional cross and trans border expatriate problems  for the
> United States, Canada, Mexico, Great Britain, United Kingdom, Kuwait,
> Saudi Arabia, Thailand, Indonesia, Japan, China, New Zealand, France,
> Germany, Spain, Italy, Russia, Georgia, Brazil, Peru, Ecuador, Bolivia,
> Scotland, Ireland, Hawaii, Florida, Montana, Morocco, Israel, Iraq, Iran,
> India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Mali, Bangkok, Greenland, Iceland, Cuba,
> Bahamas, Bermuda, Barbados, St Vincent, Grenada,, Virgin Islands, US, UK,
> GB, and any of the 43 states with state tax returns, etc. Rockwall,
> San Antonio Houston
> Denmark, Finland, Sweden Norway Bulgaria Croatia Income Tax and
> Tips, Income Tax  Immigration Wizard Antarctica Rwanda Guru  Consultant
> Specialist Section 216(4) 216(1) NR6 NR-6 NR 6 Non-Resident Real Estate
> specialist expert preparer expatriate anti money laundering money
> FINTRAC E677 E667 105 106 TDF-90 Reporting $10,000 cross border
> Grand Cayman Aruba Zimbabwe South Africa Namibia help USA US
> -----------------------------------------------------------------
> List-Unsubscribe:
mailto:centapede-request at

No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.1.394 / Virus Database: 268.8.1/354 - Release Date: 6/1/06


Trackback URL for this entry:

No trackback comments for this entry.