Medical Inadmissibility to Canada

QUESTION: My wife, a Canadian citizen has sponsposred her husband, who is
suffering from a kidney related problem. The medical problem he has is not
communal, he just received a letter from immigration canada to go through
another medical examination, also same letter indicates that his application
can be refused because his health may pose excessive burden on Canadian
health system? Is there anything we can do in case they refuse his
appication. I heard that recently immigratin canada has removed the clause
of medical inadmissibility due to excessive cost on health care. Is it true?
david ingram replies:
This is not something that I have ever been involved in preferring to deal
with rather simple NAFTA matters dealing with professionals moving between
Mexico, Canada and the USA.
However, Benjamin A Kranc is one of only 28 (out of about 28000 Ontario
lawyers) certified by the Law Society of Upper Canada as a specialist in
Immigration Law and I know that he has dealt extensively with Medical
You can contact him through if you can not find
your answer elsewhere.
425 University Avenue,
Suite 500,
Toronto, Ontario
M5G 1T6
Telephone: (416) 977-7500
Fax: (416) 977-5200
E-Mail: bkranc at
David Ingram's US / Canada Services
US / Canada / Mexico tax, Immigration and working Visa Specialists
US / Canada Real Estate Specialists
My Home office is at:
4466 Prospect Road
North Vancouver,  BC, CANADA, V7N 3L7
Cell (604) 657-8451 -
(604) 980-0321 Fax (604) 980-0325
Calls welcomed from 10 AM to 10 PM 7 days a week  Vancouver (LA) time -
(please do not fax or phone outside of those hours as this is a home office)
email to taxman at <mailto:taxman at> <>
Disclaimer:  This question has been answered without detailed information or
consultation and is to be regarded only as general comment.   Nothing in
this message is or should be construed as advice in any particular
circumstances. No contract exists between the reader and the author and any
and all non-contractual duties are expressly denied. All readers should
obtain formal advice from a competent and appropriately qualified legal
practitioner or tax specialist for expert help, assistance, preparation, or
consultation  in connection with personal or business affairs such as at <> . If you forward this message, this
disclaimer must be included."
Be ALERT,  the world needs more "lerts"
 David Ingram gives expert income tax & immigration help to non-resident
Americans & Canadians from New York to California to Saudi Arabia to Mexico
to China or Chile - Cross border, dual citizen - out of country investments
are all handled with competence & authority.


Trackback URL for this entry:

No trackback comments for this entry.