Immagration to Canada -

Hi David
My husband is looking to immagrate to Canada in the near future. myself and our two children are Canadian and he is from an African country. Do you deal in this area & can we hire you to help us with the process?
We would also have a number of tax related questions and concerns about moving back to Canada as we have all been living abroad for 6 years together. We would be looking to make a move within 3 years but want to start getting all our ducks in a row before that time.
Look forward to hearing from you,
david ingram replies:
I advise those wishing to handle their own paperwork for Canadian and American immigration but do not work as an actual instigator or paper handler in this area anymore.
I mainly deal in the tax consequences or 'what ifs' of immigration.
I am easily approached via phone or the internet and you can find my prices after the disclaimer.
You can sponsor your husband by filling in the following paperwork. Note the country specific guiides -  Yours is IMM 3912 for instance which you will find at 1.l below
The following will give you the paperwork that must be filled in and submitted. It is aimed at Americans but the South African booklet can be found at 1(l) below:
There are some different rules for sponsorship from within Canada. If this is the case, also explore
I am a Canadian citizen working in Hong Kong for 4 years.  I have declared myself as "non-resident" of Canada for tax purposes.
I will be getting marry in Jan 2007.  My fiancee is a HK citizen.  We would like to move back to Canada after marriage and I have the following questions regarding sponsorship of my finacee's immigration application: 
- can I sponsor the application with my non-residence status?  then move back after the application is approved??
- In order to sponsor the application, I need to fulfill some income
requirements.  Can I use my income from HK as a proof or if I need to move back alone first, then get a job and pay tax before I can apply??
To complete the question, what are the steps to take in order for us to move to Canada?
david ingram replies:
You can sponsor him from afar and move back together.
You need to fill out most, if not all of the following forms.
Unless there is a problem with criminality in your fiancée's background, you should be able to fill them in yourself but we are here if you need some help with them.
Our specialty is the tax portion of the question and we would be glad to
look after your arriving back in  Canada returns.
The following older question and answer will give you what you need
david ingram replies:
The following deals with sponsoring a spouse into Canada:
I can not guarantee that you will not have any problems but if you have no problems in any of your backgrounds and your lady in is good health, you should be able to sponsor her by filling in the following forms by yourself.
If there are any "really" questionable situations, you should consult with
an Immigration lawyer.  If there is nothing questionable that requires
privileged communication, you can and should consult with a member of the Canadian Society of Immigration Consultants.
In general, you can likely fill them in yourself.  If you do need help,  with general questions you can contact me.
You can start the process by going to:
This is a guide for sponsoring a US citizen spouse into Canada.
            Publication 3910E
You can also look at
894f62c to order the specific forms and at to see a list of the
countries and areas.
This is the Guide for sponsoring a spouse from West Europe including Albania, Andorra, Austria, Azores, Belgium, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Canary Islands, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Faeroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Greenland, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Madeira, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, San Marinao, Serbia and Montenegro, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden,  Switzerland, United Kingdom, Vatican City
This is a Guide for sponsoring a spouse from Eastern Europe including Armenia, Belarus, Bulgaria, Estonia, Georgia, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Poland, Romania, Russia,  and Ukraine  
This is the Guide for sponsoring a spouse from MAINLAND CHINA, Macao, Tibet and Hong Kong although the guide only refers to Mainland China on the cover.-----
        This is the Guide for sponsoring a spouse form India, Nepal; or
        This is the Guide for sponsoring a spouse from the Philippines
        This is the Guide for sponsoring a spouse from Australia, Brunei, Cambodia, Cook Islands, Timor-Leste, Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, Indonesia, Kiribati, Laos, Malaysia, Marshall Islands, Micronesia,
Myanmar, Nauru, New Zealand, Niue, Palau, Papua-New Guinea,
Samoa, Singapore, Solomon Islands, Thailand, Tonga, Tuvalu,
Vanuatu and Vietnam
        This is the Guide for sponsoring a spouse from Bangladesh, South
Korea, Pakistan,
        This is the Guide for sponsoring a spouse from  Argentina, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay and Venezuela 
        This is the Guide for sponsoring a spouse from Antigua & Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname and Trinidad and Tobago 
        This is the Guide for sponsoring a spouse from United States of America, Bermuda, Puerto Rico and Saint Pierre and Miquelon
        This is the Guide for sponsoring a spouse from -Afghanistan, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Cyprus, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Tadjikistan, Turkey, Turkmenistan, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, West Bank and Gaza Strip, Yemen
        This is the Guide for sponsoring a spouse from African countries such as -Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Chad, Central African Republic, Comoros, Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome é Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe-
This is the application form to sponsor - form IMM-1344A
This is the sponsorship agreement - Form IMM-1344B
This is the Sponsorship Evaluation Form IMM-5481
This is a statutory declaration of a common-law marriage - FORM IMM-5409
This is the Sponsor Questionnaire - Form IMM-5540
This is an authority to release information - FORM IMM-5540
This is a document Checklist - Form IMM-5491
This is where you order your official receipt
This is your actual Application for Permanent Residence - FORM IMM-0008GEN
This is your Background Declaration - FORM IMM-008_1
This is your additional family information - FORM IMM-5406
This is your spouse or conjugal partner questionnaire -= FORM IMM-5490
14.    The Above PLUS a police report from your local police station (See
the guide for details) applies to those being sponsored from the UNITED
STATES. There is a separate brochure for every country.  If you are reading
this and are from any other country (Australia, Brunei, Austria, Venezuela,
etc) goto
14a for other country
This is the self-assessment test for an individual to determine his or her
eligibility to immigrate to Canada without being sponsored by a spouse.
I know this will help you make your decision.  If we can help you, remember,
that is what we do for a living.  In particular you should goto and click on and read US/Canada taxation BEFORE you come.
Be ALERT,  the world needs more "lerts"
Answers to this and other similar  questions can be obtained free on Air
every Sunday morning.
Every Sunday at 9:00 AM on 600AM in Vancouver, Fred Snyder of Cartier
Partners and I will be hosting an INFOMERCIAL but LIVE talk show called "ITS
Those outside of the Lower Mainland will be able to listen on the internet
Local phone calls to (604) 280-0600 - Long distance calls to 1-866-778-0600.
Old shows are archived at the site.
This from ask an income tax immigration planning and bankruptcy expert
consultant guru or preparer  from or or Canadian David Ingram deals daily with tax returns
dealing with expatriate:
multi jurisdictional cross and trans border expatriate gambling refunds for the United States, Canada Mexico Great Britain the United Kingdom, Kuwait, Dubai, Saudi Arabia, South Africa,  Thailand, Indonesia, Egypt, Antarctica, Japan, China, New Zealand, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Russia, Georgia, Brazil, Peru, Ecuador, Bolivia, Scotland, Ireland, Hawaii, Florida, Montana, Morocco, Israel, Iraq, Iran, India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Mali, Bangkok, Greenland, Iceland, Cuba, Bahamas, Bermuda, Barbados, St Vincent, Grenada, Virgin Islands, US, UK, GB, American and Canadian and Mexican and any of the 43 states with state tax returns, etc.
income tax wizard wizzard guru advisor advisors experts  specialist
specialists  consultants taxmen taxman tax woman planner planning
preparer of Alaska,  Alabama,  Arkansas,  Arizona,
 California Denver  Colorado, Connecticut,
Delaware District of Columbia Miami  Florida,
Garland Georgia,  Honolulu Hawaii,  Idaho,  Illinois,
 Indiana Des Moines Iowa  Kansas  Kentucky,
 Louisiana  Bangor Maine  Maryland  Boston, Massachusetts, Michigan,
Mississippi,  Missouri,  Montana,  Nebraska,
Nevada, New Hampshire,  New Jersey,
New Mexico, New York, North Carolina,
North Dakota,  Ohio,  Oklahoma,  Oregon.
Paris,  Rome, Sydney, Australia Hilton
Pennsylvania,  Rhode Island,  Rockwall,
South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee,
Texas,  Utah, Vermont,  Virginia,
West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming,
British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan,
Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec City,
New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island,
Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, Yukon and
Northwest and Nunavit Territories,
Mount Vernon, Eumenclaw, Coos Bay
and Dallas Houston Rockwall Garland
Texas  Taxman and Tax Guru  and wizzard
wizard -
 David Ingram's US/Canada Services
US/Canada/Mexico Tax Immigration & working Visa Specialists
US / Canada Real Estate Specialists
4466 Prospect Road
North Vancouver,  BC, CANADA, V7N 3L7
Calls accepted from 10 AM to 10 PM 7 days a week
Res (604) 980-3578 Cell (604) 657-8451
Bus (604) 980-0321
davidingram at
Disclaimer:  This question has been answered without detailed information or
consultation and is to be regarded only as general comment.   Nothing in
this message is or should be construed as advice in any particular
circumstances. No contract exists between the reader & the author and any
and all non-contractual duties are expressly denied. All readers should
obtain formal advice from a competent financial, or real estate planner or
advisor & appropriately qualified legal practitioner, tax or immigration
specialist in connection with personal or business affairs such as at If you forward this message, this disclaimer must be
 ask international non-resident income tax expert preparation & immigration consultant david ingram, experts on rentals mutual funds  RRSP RESP IRA 401(K) & divorce CKBD 600AM 9 AM Sunday on Fred Snyder's IT's YOUR MONEY
David Ingram specializes in giving expert income tax and immigration help to
American and Canadian citizens living out of their home countries from
Zimbabwe to Saudi Arabia to Mexico to China or Chile - Cross border,
Non-resident - dual citizen - out of country investments are all handled
with competence and authority.
David Ingram gives expert income tax & immigration help to non-resident Americans & Canadians from New York to California to Saudi Arabia to Mexico to China or Chile - Cross border, dual citizen - out of country investments are all handled with competence & authority.
No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition. 
Version: 7.5.484 / Virus Database: 269.12.6/971 - Release Date: 24/08/2007 2:59 PM
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...


Trackback URL for this entry:

No trackback comments for this entry.