eMail Article To a Friend View Printable Version

US citizen with PR card - Mortgage interest as a deduction

QUESTION: I am a US citizen who has been living and working in Canada for
the last 12 years as a landed immigrant. I have been filing both US and
Canadian taxes each of these 12 years. I would like to know whether I can
still contribute to a US IRA account that was establish prior to me coming
to canada. Would this be considered a tax haven avoidance measure by
revenue canada?