Retired US national to immigrate to

Retired US national to immigrate to Canada
Hello, David,
I believe this question can be of interest to many.
Generally speaking if a retired US national wants to immigrate to
Canada: buy a house and live there, not claiming anything from
Canadian job market but using their own funds to live (and pay
taxes) what options such people have?
It would be great to hear your expert opinion.
Thank you,
 david ingram replies:
I just do not have time to try and answer this other than to say
that there is no provision for anyone to just retire to Canada no
matter how much money they have or how skilled.
If they want to come as investors, it might work but even that is
a maybe.
Look at the Business Class section below and chek on the Investor
section at:
They can find out all the rules at:
David Ingram's US / Canada Services
US / Canada / Mexico tax, Immigration and working Visa
US / Canada Real Estate Specialists
My Home office is at:
4466 Prospect Road
North Vancouver,  BC, CANADA, V7N 3L7
Cell (604) 657-8451 -
(604) 980-0321 Fax (604) 980-0325
Calls welcomed from 10 AM to 10 PM 7 days a week  Vancouver (LA)
time -  (please do not fax or phone outside of those hours as
this is a home office)
email to taxman at
Disclaimer:  This question has been answered without detailed
information or consultation and is to be regarded only as general
comment.   Nothing in this message is or should be construed as
advice in any particular circumstances. No contract exists
between the reader and the author and any and all non-contractual
duties are expressly denied. All readers should obtain formal
advice from a competent and appropriately qualified legal
practitioner or tax specialist for expert help, assistance,
preparation, or consultation  in connection with personal or
business affairs such as at If you forward this
message, this disclaimer must be included."
Be ALERT,  the world needs more "lerts"
 David Ingram expert income tax help and preparation of US Canada
Mexico non-resident and cross border returns with rental dividend
wages self-employed and royalty foreign tax credits
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...


Trackback URL for this entry:

No trackback comments for this entry.