Live in Blaine US, Work in Vancouver Canada


Great response encouraging this First Nations individual to work on the Harper government to afford the same courtesy to American First Nations :>)

Along a similar vein, if I retire to BC and track 183 nights/year, but keep a home in Seattle that I rent out, will I be eligible for BC Medical? I am a dual citizen.

Most appreciatively.

david ingram replies:

If you are sleeping in BC more than 183 days a night with a home here and are here legally as an immigrant or with a working visa or as a Canadian citizen, you must join BC Medical, have a BC Driver's Licence and pay tax to Canada on your World Income which would include US Social Security interest, dividends, rent on the US property, alimony, etc.