US Resident/Citizen Inheriting from Canada


I am Canadian citizen who also has US citizenship. I live and work in the US. I am about to inherit some money from the passing of my Cdn grandmother. I understand there is no tax implication for me in Canada. Do I have to declare anything on my US taxes for the inheritance?
david ingram replies:

If the money is held for a while before you get it (usually happens), there will be interest paid on the money. Canada will want 10% tax on the interest and you will have to report it again on schedule B of your US return (just the interest, not the inheritance). Claim the 10% tax withheld on form 1116 of you r US return.