Can a US resident deduct Canadian Vacation property taxes and interest?


I am a US Perm resident (CDN citizen), looking to buy a vacation property in Canada. Can I deduct on my US taxes the land transfer tax and other property taxes from Ontario on my US tax return? (assuming I am itemizing). I have read IRS publications and it was as clear as mud.
Thanks !
david ingram replies:

Absolutely yes! You can itemize these expenses on US schedule A whether the vacation property is in France, the Cayman Islands, Australia or Canada or any other country.

However, be careful if you decide to rent it out. As a non-resident of Canada you have to get involved with NR6, NR4, 1159 and T776 forms for Canda and then you have to put the same figures on US fomrs Schedule  E and 1116..