Sponsoring Lebanese wife from Kuwait to live in Vancouver - Canada

QUESTION: I am Canadian, I've been living in Kuwait for the last 12 years, I'm married to a Lebanese lady 
and our 2 kids are Canadian. We are planning to leave Kuwait and move back to BC-Vancouver, We own a saving of 20,000 CD,
and we are planning to use this amount for a place rental, furniture and kids school fees.
My question, should I have to pay any taxes for that amount of money, and in case we run out of money,
can I immediately apply to receive a social aid (Pension) until I find a job? In addition, what are the
fastest and easiest procedures to follow to sponsor my wife so that she can live with me in Canada?
david ingram replies:

The $20,000 should not be taxable if earned out of the country.

If you run out of money, you should be able to apply for social assistance wherever you live in Canada.

When you get here, you and your wife should apply immediately for the Canada Child  Benefits - You can find the details at:

You will have to sponsor her using the following forms.

You can start the process by going to:
1.    http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3910e.pdf
This is a guide for sponsoring a US citizen spouse into Canada.
           Publication 3910E 

1a)   http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3911e.pdf
This is the guide for sponsoring a person from Kuwait or Lebanon
            Publication 3911E
2.    http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM1344EA.pdf
This is the application form to sponsor - form IMM-1344A

3.    http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM1344EB.pdf
This is the sponsorship agreement - Form IMM-1344B

4.    http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5481E.PDF
This is the Sponsorship Evaluation Form IMM-5481

5.    http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5409E.PDF
This is a statutory declaration of a common-law marriage - FORM IMM-5409

6.   http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5540E.PDF
This is the Sponsor Questionnaire - Form IMM-5540

7.    http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5540E.PDF
This is an authority to release information - FORM IMM-5540

8.    http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5491E.PDF
This is a document Checklist - Form IMM-5491

9.    http://www.canadapost.ca/tools/docp/CIC/bin/hpm-e.asp
This is where you order your official receipt

10.    http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm0008egen.pdf
This is your actual Application for Permanent Residence - FORM IMM-0008GEN

11.    http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm0008_1e.pdf
This is your Background Declaration - FORM IMM-008_1

12.    http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5406E.PDF
This is your additional family information - FORM IMM-5406

13.    http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5490E.PDF
This is your spouse or conjugal partner questionnaire -= FORM IMM-5490

14.    The Above PLUS a police report from your local police station (See
the guide for details) applies to those being sponsored from the UNITED
STATES. There is a separate brochure for every country.  If you are reading
this and are from any other country (Australia, Brunei, Austria, Venezuela,
etc) goto

14a   http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/applications/fc.html for other country

15.   http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/skilled/assess/index.html
This is the self-assessment test for an individual to determine his or her
eligibility to immigrate to Canada without being sponsored by a spouse.

Hope this helps-